Assistant Manager? - Operations
Fifty Point Conservation Area
Reports to: Manager of Fifty Point Conservation Area
Fifty Point Conservation Area is approximately 85 hectares in size and is located in Hamilton (formerly Winona). The property located on the south shore of Lake Ontario straddles the town line between Hamilton and Grimsby with half of the conservation area containing the campground and beach being in Grimsby.
The area is comprised of a 340 slip full service marina, 73 site full service campground, picnic and day use/beach areas, trails and a fishing pond. The park is also home to the Limani Restaurant, the Ontario Ball Hockey League, Fifty Point Yacht Club and the Ingledale House historic residence. The marina is the main thrust of the project. Staff are involved in all aspects of the maintenance and operation of the entire area.
Reporting to the Area Manager, this is one of two Assistant Manager positions for Fifty Point CA.? This position will be primarily responsible in coordinating the day to day operations and assist with the administration of the area, to ensure efficient delivery of all Conservation area services and activities. The focus of this position is on marina operations, including parts, service, fuel dock and the chandler of the conservation area operations, including grounds and campground maintenance.?
Leadership Skills Development
The development of supervisory and leadership skills are an expectation of the HCA management team in all levels:
- Demonstrating excellent communications skills and communicating regularly and effectively within the park and across all HCA teams
- Actively participate as a team member
- Encouraging participation from all levels of staff
- Considering the thoughts and expectations of others
- Supporting and mentoring staff to optimize talent
- Championing a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Delivering positive outcomes
- Working in a planned and managed way
- Having a positive attitude and being a positive influence to staff
- Actively attending relevant Conservation Advisory Board and Board of Directors meetings to obtain corporate perspective and support area initiatives
- Ensuring a safe working environment and facilities for staff and visitors
- Working knowledge of the HCA Strategic Plan to guide conservation area operations and to promote the vision, mission and objectives with staff and visitors
Job Functions & Tasks
Assist the Manager of Fifty Point Conservation Area in the general operation of the Marina including maintenance, record keeping, staff supervision and customer service.
- Ensure a safe and clean facility for all boaters by following Clean Marine Best practices
- Extensive boat handling and marina equipment knowledge with mechanical aptitude to operate various pieces of marina and grounds powered equipment.
- Conduct regular inspection of equipment and facility
- Responsible for the supervision, safety and decision making during the boat lift operation, ensuring the competence and safety of all workers and the public, this position is responsible for the testing and certification of all lifting equipment. Provides safe boat lift training annually.
Health and Safety Program
- Ensure a complete Conservation Area Safety Program that provides a safe workplace and a safe recreational area.
- Ensure HCA Policies, Safe Working Procedures and documentations are followed.
- Conduct regular and monthly safety meetings.
- Complete HCA safety audit forms to document training and supervision.
- Maintain an annual Conservation Area Safety file for all staff.
- Complete safety reports, inspections, investigations, and recommendations as required.
- Annual staff training to include OH&SA, WHMIS, HCA Violence in the Workplace, and Harassment policies and relevant safe working procedures and programs.
Conservation Area Stewardship, Operations & Maintenance programs
- Design and manage best practices for operation of the conservation area including communication methods to inform customers and the community of the environmental conditions in the area that meets the objects of the HCA Strategic Plan.
- Recommend hiring, training, and supervision of full time/casual staff.
- Prepare schedules, budgets, and employee performance appraisals.
- Hiring and supervision of contractors on HCA projects, ensuring Health & Safety policies and work performance meet or exceed HCA standards.
- Make recommendations to the Area Manager for operational improvements.
- In partnership with Watershed Planning & Engineering staff, work towards the proper stewardship of the conservation area to ensure the long term sustainability of the Fifty Point landscape, environmentally significant areas, species at risk and conservation area flora and fauna.
- Engage in hands on maintenance and operational duties as necessary and required.
Major Maintenance and Capital Development Projects
- Assist the Manager with Inspections and delivery of reports to the Director of Conservation Area Services on the condition of the area, the facilities and amenities and make recommendations for corrections and repairs.
- Provide annual monitoring of major maintenance progress.
- Assist the Area Manager in the delivery of reports to the Director of Conservation Area Services on the need for capital improvements to enhance the area in keeping with customer trends and business potential.
- Supervise capital projects within Fifty Point and assist on projects across the watershed.
Enforcement of HCA Policies, Trespass to Property Act and the Conservation Authorities Act
- Organize a conservation area security program ensuring adequate staffing and training.
- Investigate complaints and infractions under the Conservation Authorities Act and other related Acts.
- Other Duties as assigned to assist the team effort at HCA.
- Assumes the duties of the Manager in his absence
- Post-secondary education in the form of a college diploma and/or university degree.
- A minimum working experience of five years in a related field demonstrating career growth to more responsible positions and/or tasks.
- An understanding of conservation areas operations and development.
- Demonstrated experience and/or commitment in all of the following areas:
- Understand customer expectations and unique qualities of conservation areas.
- Ability to act as a mentor and set goals and priorities for staff.
- An ability to implement new best practices and programs identified by HCA and embrace change.
- Build excellent relationships in the HCA and the community.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing and make presentations and reports for the Board of Directors, advisory committees and annual general staff meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to read construction drawings, supervise construction and major maintenance projects and a proven aptitude for working in electrical, mechanical and hydraulics.
- Good working knowledge and demonstrated willingness of the use of all equipment used in the conservation areas and a large marina.
- Good working knowledge of MS software including “EXCEL” and “WORD”.
- Capability to be designated as a Provincial Offences Officer.
- Capability to be a Certified chain saw operator.
- Current Basic First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain first aid certificate.
- Capability to become certified member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Possess a valid Aquatic Exterminators license or have the ability to obtain this license.
- Possess a Valid Pleasure Craft Operators Card
- Possess a valid Ontario Class-G driver's license.
The work location will normally be at Fifty Point Conservation Area, 1479 Baseline Road, Winona, Ontario. However, the work location may change to any of HCA’s conservation or managed areas or main office through the year depending on business needs to assist on either a short or longer term basis or at special events. This is a salaried position with working hours will generally be between 7:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. based on a 40-hour work week with the additional requirement for evening and weekend shifts including responding to security alarms after hours.This area operates seven days a week and there is a requirement for weekend supervisory duties throughout the year.
The income for this position is salary classification S6 with a 2018 salary range of $57,037.22 to $71,296.53. Progression will be based on merit and is considered on an annual basis.? Yearly cost-of-living adjustments (COLA) may also be considered.
This position is eligible for the fringe benefits as outlined in the Conservation Authority’s Personnel Policy as it pertains to a full-time position.
If you are interested in the opportunity to be an Assistant Manager (Operations) at Fifty Point Conservation Area, please send resume and cover letter to the attention of Nancy Watts, Director of Human Resources & Wellness, via email to, jobs@สล็อตออนไลน์ฟรีเครดิต www.protecsecurityservicesinc.com by 4pm, Friday, November 30, 2018.
Please put the job title in the subject line of your email.
Only those who possess the qualifications/skills/attitude the panel are seeking, will receive an interview for this opportunity.?
The interview panel will consist of members of the Executive Team along with the Manager of Fifty Point CA.? Interviews are anticipated to be scheduled in early December.