Healthy Hamilton Watersheds Action Plans
Did you know that HCA has developed Stewardship Action Plans
HCA has developed Stewardship Action Plans for the Spencer Creek subwatersheds, Borer’s Creek watershed, Chedoke Creek watershed and for most of the Red Hill Creek subwatersheds above the escarpment.
The Plans were developed using input from a Stakeholder Advisory Committees whose membership included representatives from local agencies, organizations and businesses, as well as local residents. The Plans include Stewardship Actions that relate to education outreach, restoring the natural environment and learning more about the local ecosystem.
What sub watershed do you live in?
Check the map below to see if we’ve completed a plan for your community. Consider how you can help implement that plan so that as a community we can better manage local natural areas, restore degraded areas and maintain the natural environment in a healthy state for today and the future.Click on the links below for more detailed information about the Stewardship Action Plans developed for these subwatersheds.
- Ancaster, Chedoke and Tiffany Creeks
- Borer's, Logie’s and Sydenham Creeks
- Middle Spencer, Westover and West Spencer Creeks
- Spring, Sulphur and Lower Spencer Creeks
- Upper Spencer, Fletcher and Flamborough Creeks
- Greenhill, Hannon, Upper Davis and Upper Ottawa Creeks
What can you do?
- Get a group of friends or neighbours together to help undertake some of the Actions for your community.
- Tell your friends and neighbours about your project.
- Get Involved – Contact the Hamilton Watershed Stewardship Program
- Click here for a list of community projects you can join.
Please Contact Us!
Hamilton Conservation Authority
P.O. Box 81067, 838 Mineral Springs Road
Ancaster, ON L9G 4X1
Cherish Gamble, Watershed Stewardship Technician
Jeff Stock, Watershed Stewardship Technician